WeAbroad is committed to dealing with users’ personal information in accordance with the National Privacy Principles as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Privacy Amendment (Private Sector) Act 2000.
The Company collects personal information about you in order to provide the location and social networking services through its WeAbroad application. The type of personal information the Company collects includes your name, address, location (ie your then-current and earlier locations), and other information submitted by you through the WeAbroad application.
- the proper operation of the WeAbroad system;
- send you notifications regarding new services offered by the Company;
- carrying out market and product analysis and marketing products and services of the Company, its related bodies corporate and third parties; and
- contacting you, whether through the WeAbroad application or otherwise, about our group companies‘ products and services.
By using the WeAbroad application, you agree to the Company’s uses of your personal information set out in this policy.
Provided your privacy settings permit, the Company will make available:
- your name in search results in the WeAbroad application; and
- your personal information to other WeAbroad users that are registered as your “friends” (Friends); and
- your location information to those of your Friends that you selected for this purpose.
- service providers to assist the Company in bringing you the WeAbroad services;
- network providers and other potential third party advertisers, and their agencies;
- law enforcement agencies to assist in the prevention of criminal activities; and
- credit providers and fraud checking agencies.
- they have agreed in writing with the Company to keep the information confidential;
- they are subject to obligations to protect your personal information; or
- you consent to the disclosure.
- register the person if they accept the invitation; and
- monitor the effectiveness of the invitation program.
By registering with WeAbroad, you also agree:
- to receive future updates and receive third party commercial messages and marketing material in electronic or printed form (Commercial Messages), and agree that the Company may collect and use information (including information it already holds) concerning your age, gender, billing or contact address and other known mobile use and behaviour to customise WeAbroad and develop and send you Commercial Messages which the Company feels are relevant to you;
- that the Company may customise WeAbroad and develop and send you Commercial Messages which are relevant to your physical location; in order to do so you agree that the Company will need to identify your physical location from time to time. You agree the Company may use information it holds and collects about you and your mobile use and behaviour to identify the location of your mobile device and therefore your personal physical location or location patterns;
- that the Company does not need to provide you with an opt out facility in each Commercial Message. You may opt out at any time by emailing your phone number to support@WeAbroad.com or texting STOP in reply to a Commercial Message you receive from us. Location based Commercial Messages will still contain an opt out facility.
- all marketing and promotions in WeAbroad and the Commercial Messages will be for 3rd party products and services. The Company will not be liable for any errors, misdescriptions or inaccuracies contained in them.
You can control most of your personal information through the editing tools in the WeAbroad application. The Company takes reasonable steps to ensure that other personal information collected, used or disclosed is accurate, complete, up-to-date and stored in a secure environment protected from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
You can access much of your personal information held by the Company through the WeAbroad application. Upon your request, the Company will provide access to other personal information it holds, except in certain prescribed circumstances, including emergency situations, specified business imperatives and law enforcement or other public interests.
If you would like to amend, correct, update or remove your personal information, or have any queries or concerns, please contact the Company at email@example.com.